Adventure Travel Liability Insurance Questions and Answers
Are you are a tour operator, travel agent, hotelier, resort, lodge and have questions on travel liability insurance and risk management, especially in adventure travel, you need to listen to this important episode of Travel Business Success Podcast.
Click on player bar below to listen or download the MP3 audio for free.
Tourism Tim Warren interviews Rick McKinley with Alameda Associates who specializes helping travel providers and vendors get liability insurance and has lots of experience in the adventure travel and active sports.
Also read below for updated 2016 travel liability insurance coverage specifically for tour operators and travel agents, including adventure travel tour operators, lodges, etc.
Top Travel Liability Insurance and Hospitality Risk Management Topics Include:
1) WHERE CAN I FIND LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR MY TRAVEL AGENCY \ TOUR OPERATIONS?
2) WHAT’S DOES IT COVER?
• Levels of coverage:
3) WHAT ARE THE BASICS YOU NEED FOR TRAVEL LIABILITY INSURANCE?
• General liability insurance
• Non owned and hired auto -important
• Physical and sexual abuse
• Worldwide coverage
• Bodily injury
• Errors and omissions ( $ back from client)
• Volunteer workers comp
• Accidental death and dismemberment
4) TRAVEL LIABILITY INSURANCE SUPPLIERS:
- CNA international
- Travel Safe Insurance
- Lexington – AIrisk.com
5) WHAT’S DOES IT NOT COVER?
• Definitions in policy
6) WHAT SHOULD I DO TO FIND OUT WHAT MY CURRENT POLICY COVERS AND DOES NOT COVER?
7) WHAT CAN I DO PROACTIVELY TO REDUCE MY CHANCES OF HAVING A TRAVEL LIABILITY INSURANCE CLAIM?
Have in contracts:
- Hold harmless/ disclaimer statements
- Limit liability
- Medical release form for treatment
- Vendors insurance – naming suppliers as additional insured
- Vendor selection process
- Hold activity provider harmless – indemnity provision
6) CRISIS MANAGEMENT PLANS
- Risk management policies, procedures and STAFF TRAINING
Rick McKinley Contact:
Voice: (510) 522-2090
Adventure Tour Operator & Travel Agent Insurance Program from Zurich Insurance Co.
Types of Risks
Adventure Tour Operators; Travel Agencies; Tour Operators; Student Tour Operators; Independent Contractors (Travel Agents); Corporate Meeting Planners, Destination Management Companies
Appetite: All sizes of risks; travel and tour arrangements can be worldwide no territory restrictions;
Ineligible risks: Outfitters & Guides; Spring Break Student Tour Operators; Party or Wedding Planners
Adventure Travel Liability Insurance Coverage Highlights
- General Liability
- Professional Liability (Including Bodily Injury, Property Damage, and E&O coverage)
Coverage limits: Up to $5,000,000/$5,000,000 for qualifying companies
Admitted or non-admitted paper: Admitted in all 50 states, except non-admitted for NY Tour Operators, and Student & Adventure Tour Operators
Additional Travel Liability Insurance Program Highlights
- Program Administrator has more than 30 years experience in this industry
- Worldwide territory
- Occurrence form
- In-house underwriting and claims handling
Click Here for More Information on Zurich Insurance Company for Liability Insurance for Adventure Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Click Triangle Below to Listen to Travel Business Success Podcast on Travel Liability Insurance
What are your top travel liability insurance and risk management questions? Please post them below and we will provide you guidance to help your travel business succeed.