The primary role of our travel business consulting is to increase your bookings, arrivals, profits, and knowledge, while lowering your costs, in the fastest period of time. We do this by evaluating your needs, creating an action plan for your success and helping implement it.
One of “Tourism Tim’s” multi-day training’s he did on site in 2001 & 2002 for the USAID funded Mongolian Tourism Association
Travel Business and Marketing Fact:
- You are so busy trying to start, run or grow your travel business, travel agency, lodge, B&B, tourism board or association, that many opportunities that increase bookings, arrivals and profits are missed or overlooked…
- Or maybe you don’t have expertise or the passion for travel marketing, sales, publicity, social media, or operations, management and planning…
Can you relate to any of these two travel business facts? If so our travel business consulting can help!
What Are Travel Professionals Success Secrets?
Successful travel professionals know that development of your travel business and marketing skills, resources and staff’s knowledge is one of the best returns on investments you can make. Without professional development and a good actionable plan, your travel business can stagnate and your dreams turn into nightmares…
We work in partnership with you, and independently, to create profitable results, help you avoid costly mistakes, and keep you on the path to achieve your short and long-term travel business goals.
Since 1994, “Tourism Tim” Warren has a proven track record of helping adventure travel, ecotourism and nature-based tour operators, travel agents, travel destinations, tourism associations and tourism board professionals increase bookings, arrivals and profits while improving their quality of life as travel professionals.
Don’t just take our word for it.
Check out the comments from many new and seasoned travel, tourism, and hospitality below and on the “Who We Are” page plus look at the many critical travel business consulting areas below we can help you launch, grow and prosper in.
Nancy & Terry Prichard
“Your consultation has helped me better understand the secrets of marketing.”I can now plan a marketing strategy that will achieve the best return on time and money." Nancy & Terry Prichard, Co-Founders, Sea Kayak Adventures
Travel Business Consulting, Coaching, Project Management & Training
Let’s face it. Without enough bookings or arrivals, your travel, tourism or hospitality business or destination will struggle and lose money. So 100% of our travel business consulting usually starts with helping you with your marketing and sales, especially your online marketing and travel website since that is where 95% or more of your prospect are finding you, or not…
But a successful travel business is SO MUCH more than just your marketing and sales. That’s why – unlike many other travel business consultant – we also can help you with Business Operations, Strategic Planning, Management & Leadership Development and more. Here’s a list below of the online marketing we focus on.
Travel Business Consulting & Marketing
to Increase Your Bookings and Arrivals
Travel Internet Marketing
- Travel website: design, copy writing, lead generation and promotion
- E-mail newsletters and databases
- Search engines optimization: key words strategies, link building campaign, ranking & traffic enhancement.
Social Media Travel Marketing
- How to increase your social media reviews, website traffic and quality leads from TripAdvisor, Facebook, Google+ and more
- How to get your best clients recommending you more in social media
- How to increase social engagements & “Likes” without a lot of effort
Sales Enhancement – How to Convert Shoppers into Buyers
I define marketing as “getting your phone to ring or email inquiries to come in”. Sales is “making the booking and getting the money or increasing arrivals” for your destination. Here’s some of the sales areas we can help you in:
- Phone and customer service skills training
- Travel trade show selling that generate leads and bookings
- How to creating win/win relations with booking agents or quality adventure travel operators or lodge
- How to turn your operations staff into great sales associates too.
- Travel Marketing Success Online Course
- Public speaking & presentations as a marketing tool
- Special event – creation and coordination
- Advertising – strategy, design, copy writing and placement
- Copy writing / editing – letters, brochures, articles, websites and more
- Direct Mail – creation, implementation and mailing lists
- Marketing “action plans” – local, regional and international
- Trade shows – exhibits, marketing strategy and presentation skills
- Referral marketing promotion- get your clients to do your selling for you
Publicity That Radically Increases Inquiries & Bookings
- How to work with travel writers
- Media & feature story promotion
- Getting the attention of media professionals with press releases
Norman & Carolyn Vaughan
“Thank you for working with us. We appreciate your time, honesty, sincerity and creativity”
Norman & Carolyn Vaughan, Owners, Adventure Quest
Travel Business Consulting – Operations
No matter how good your marketing and sales efforts, without quality operations, your business will struggle and your dream can turn into a “nightmare”.
- Have a more fun
- Make more money
- Increase sales and lower marketing costs
- More positive “word of mouth” advertising
- Have better customer service and a great brand
- Reduce staff turnover and management problems
- Sell your travel business for more money
Below are some core travel business operations for adventure travel, ecotourism and nature travel we can help you with.
Operations: Office, Field and Lodge
- Customer service training
- Find, hire and train key staff
- Insurance and liability guidance
- Product development – itineraries, pricing, diversification
- Safety and security program development and communication
Sergio A. Ballivian
“I have no doubt that our joining of forces will be a truly beneficial move for both of us”
Sergio A. Ballivian, President, Explore Bolivia
Way too often travel business consulting on strategic planning is either not done or is so unrealistic, nothing moves forward. Or a huge business plan that sits on your shelf and never get used…This will hurt your business. And cause more struggle.
I hate struggle and know it doesn’t have to be that way.
I believe in creating a concise “Action Plans” that are unique based on your current and near future needs, budget, and human resources and skills. An action plan that is simple, easy and prioritized to give you the step by step guidance to improve ALL aspects of your tourism business.
- Goals – creating, coaching and tracking
- Competitive Research to know how to best compete
- Actionable demographics, market analysis and trends
- Business plans – assessment, creation, and tracking
- Business analysis – the written road map for your success
- Financial analysis – budgets, projections, cash flow, improving profits
- International business – business and alliances in and outside the United States
- Non-profit companies – putting the profit into “non-profit”
Management & Leadership Development
At the end of the day, it all comes down to people. Both your guests, clients, staff and yourself. Success and strength here is critical. And it is a skill you CAN learn and improve This is another huge benefit of working with Travel Business Success with our over 50 years’ collective expertise in leadership development and management for small to medium sized businesses. Focus areas include:
- Communications training
- Conflict resolutions
- Customer service – theory, training and practice
- Goal setting that keep you and the team on track
- Human resources – policies, procedures, hiring and quality standards
- Staff training – motivation, sales, safety, and customer service
- Management – performance improvement, teamwork, dealing with change
“Tim's advice and his direct actions have given me greater clarity of our company goals, created new services to sell and seriously enhanced our revenues”
Kevin Warren, President, Baja AirVentures & Las Animas Ecolodge
Business Consulting • Leadership Coaching • Project Management
Here are your 3 steps towards more travel & tourism sales, increased arrivals and
reaching your goals with Travel Business Success Consultants.
Step # 1: Comprehensive Business/Marketing Analysis with Action Plan
Our travel consulting services start off with a comprehensive business/marketing analysis of your business (or future business) followed by a written game plan/outline. You’ll receive a detailed action plan that’s reviewed personally with “Tourism Tim” Warren covering your areas of biggest opportunities, answers to your greatest challenges, as well as our guidance in how to achieve your goals.
In additions to the areas mentioned above, your personalized “action plan” will also include:
- Summary of what you need to focus on – Our deep analysis will uncover your key problems and concerns, create prioritized strategies to solve them and help keep you on track.
- Financial analysis & suggestions – Our analysis is unique and will give you the information you need to control your finances. Let us help you solve cash flow challenges, pricing, costs, under capitalization, as well as prepare your tourism business for expansion, acquisitions and diversification. Learn what makes you profits and how-to avoid that, which doesn’t.
- And much more! – If you are ready to create greater success and satisfaction in your tourism profession and want help, give us a call. Your investment with Adventure Business Consultants will be one of the best things you ever did to increase your profits and arrivals while lowering costs. Our goal is to increase the quality of your life through a more successful tourism business.
Step # 2: Long-term Travel Business Consulting and Project Management
Once we have reviewed the analysis and marketing suggestions together, you have the option of taking the suggestions and implementing them yourself or hiring us to help implement them.
If you see value in what we have done for you and want assistance in creating a more profitable tourism operation, we then compare priorities and further develop action/cost and time-line plans that we can implement on your behalf.
Long-term project management and public relations is a commitment that will allow your tourism board or tourism business to make significant improvements in the key areas that effect tourism profits or arrivals. We will coach and be in partnership with you on a step by step process that achieves results. Like anything, more concentrated efforts over time, yields more results.
Step #3: Short Term Travel Marketing, Business and Management Coaching
Some people don’t need an action plan or long term help. They just want a regular professional guidance and assistance to start or grow their business. Short-term coaching is customized to your needs based on where you are at with your business and where you would like to go.
“Tim is the best consultant we have worked with in the industry...”His analysis was thorough and insightful. His holistic approach put all the pieces together in a focused, easy to understand format. And most of all, his suggestions were actionable, not just theoretical." Nichole Smaglick, Executive Director Another Land
Travel Business Success Consulting & Analysis Costs
All correspondences and interviews, analysis of your travel business plan or concept, review of all marketing material and web site, analysis of your current needs, written recommendations plus my verbal feedback and advice range from US$6,000 – US$30,000 or more depending on size, status, and number of elements in your travel project. We’ll give you a quote with deliverables after an initial phone consultation/interview, online questionnaire and reviewing your website to determining your specific needs and the scope of your travel business consulting project.
Project Management & Executive Coaching
We work on a project by project basis or can implement an entire plan over time. A written project management quote with priorities outline will be given as part of your travel marketing/business analysis and action plan. 1 on 1 Executive Coaching is available on a limited basis and requires a minimum of a three-month commitment. We are dedicated to helping you have profitable progress of your most pressing problem or most important goals. Call or email us today to see if you qualify and if we have coaching space available.
To insure maximum return on your investment, Travel Business Success Consultants and our associates limit the quantity of clients we will work with at one time. We also will not work with directly competing travel companies concurrently.
We hope that this information has helped answer your questions. We look forward to assisting you and your teams build a solid foundation for long-term tourism profit and fun.
Call today, 800-707-7570 or e-mail us for an INITIAL CONSULTATION and find out how you can start improving your tourism profits and success!
Sincerely, “Tourism Tim” Warren and Team